The Philippines' leading airline, Cebu Pacific Air (PSE:CEB), is cooperating with the Philippine National Police's (PNP) Anti-Cybercrime Group to apprehend fraudsters who pose as official sales agents of Cebu Pacific and initiate fake transactions on behalf of the airline on Facebook.
CEB forwarded names, IP addresses and the transaction details of all reported fraudsters to the Philippine National Police for their immediate action, and also to Facebook for immediate account termination. The fraudulent pages use Cebu Pacific branding to pose as an official transaction page for the airline. Fraudsters also request payments to be transferred via remittance to specific individuals, and not to Cebu Pacific.
Once apprehended and proven to have violated the Cybercrime Law(Republic Act No. 10175), fraudsters may face imprisonment of up to 12 years and penalties of at least P200,000; or both. Fraudsters may also be prosecuted and held liable for violation of other penal laws.
"We encourage the travelling public to book their flights through the official Cebu Pacific Air website or reservation hotlines, and to transact with legitimate sales agents to prevent fraud and inconvenience. We are working closely with the PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group to protect our passengers from fraudsters whether online or in other channels," said Atty. Jorenz Tanada, Cebu Pacific Air, VP – Corporate Affairs.
Those who want to report fraudsters may get in touch with the PNP Anti-Cybercrime hotline: +6327230401 local 5313; or file a complaint via email: email@example.com or through their website: http://pnpacg.ph/
For flight bookings and information on CEB, please visit www.cebupacificair.com or call +(632)7020888 or +(6332)2308888.
CEB's authorized payment channels and instructions on how to make payment for booking transactions are in the Cebu Pacific website. Please visit: http://bit.ly/CEBPaymentChannels
CEB PAYMENT CHANNELS
- Over the counter: Robinsons Bank, Bank of the Philippine Islands, Metrobank, Banco de Oro, and Banco de Oro remittance centers in Hong Kong and Macau
- Online: Cebu Pacific Air website via credit card payment; Bancnet Online; and Alipay
- ATM Transactions in Bancnet and Megalink member banks
- Department Stores: Robinsons Department Stores and SM Department Stores
- In the United Arab Emirates (UAE): Al Rais Travel and Abu Dhabi Travel Bureau
- In Kuwait: Caesar International Travels Co.